You know when you fall in love with a certain food & you go a bit overboard with wanting to eat it all day, every day?
Well, overnight oats are where it’s at for me. I seriously forgot how much I love this stuff! I feel like there is this misconception about them that they don’t taste good because they’re healthy, that they’re mushy or can only be made a certain way…. Just forget about what you’ve heard and do me a favor? Give them an honest try will you? Because there is no better time than the cold, fall or winter months for some good ole’ comfort foods and this is definitely one worth adding to your list!
I’ve learned so much since having babies and breastfeeding about how important it is to truly nourish your body with foods that will actually sustain you and not just full of fillers.
For me, that also means no more skipping breakfast when I have just minutes to get myself & my toddler out the door to daycare & work.
So, how about those Overnight Oats?
What you need:
- 1/2 Cup Organic Rolled Oats or GrandyOats Swiss Style Muesli
- 1/2 Cup Milk (Almond, Soy, Cashew, Coconut, Dairy)
- 1/3 Cup Raisins, Nuts, Dried fruit (Optional)
- TP Cinnamon
- Pour all ingredients into a glass jar or sealed container
- Let sit overnight in the fridge (approx. 8 hours or you can make 5 jars on Sunday to get you through the whole work week)
- Top with locally frozen or fresh berries (Optional)
- Microwave for 30 seconds or place jar in pot of hot water for approx. 3 minutes (Optional – both my son & I enjoy our muesli and overnight oats cold but as the temps drop, it is so comforting to eat warmed up!)
And, Wala! There you have it folks.
My favorite : sanity saving, healthy yet delicious, on-the-go & versatile, comfort-food breakfast.