You know when you fall in love with a certain food & you go crazy eating it for breakfast, lunch & dinner until you can’t stand it anymore?
Well, this. Overnight oats. I seriously forgot how much I love this stuff! I definitely noticed a difference in my taste for certain textures & flavors throughout & post-pregnancy so, I had a very visual assumption that I wouldn’t be into this cold mush anymore. Boy, was I wrong! (They don’t have to be cold – DUH)
My co-worker has been on a protein kick & I’ve learned a few tricks… I’ve also been trying to track my eating habits out of curiosity but am quickly learning how mindful I can be about fueling my body with a better balance of what it really needs… Which also means no more skipping breakfast when I have just minutes to get myself & my toddler out the door to daycare & work.
So, how about those Overnight Oats?
What you need:
- 1/2 Cup Organic Rolled Oats
- 1/2 Cup Milk (Almond, Soy, Cashew, Coconut, Dairy)
- 1/3 Cup Raisins, Nuts, Dried fruit (Optional)
- TP Cinnamon
- Pour all ingredients into a glass jar or sealed container
- Let sit overnight (approx. 8 hours)
- Top with locally frozen or fresh berries (Optional)
- Microwave for 30 seconds or place jar in pot of hot water for approx. 3 minutes (Optional)
And, Wala! There you have it folks.
My favorite save your morning sanity, better than feeling guilty for feeding your kid sugar pop cereal, on-the-go, deviously healthy, fulfilling, BREAKFAST.